I wanted to do a quick(ish) post on what I’m currently reading so that you can get an idea of future book reviews for this blog. As I’ve previously stated, I am an avid reader and tend to read many books at once over a wide variety of topics and genres. Please keep that in mind when scanning through this list.
![]() |
| {source} |
![]() |
| {source} |
I try to keep a Lamplighter book in the mix, and I’ve just started Titus: A Comrade of the Cross. So far, I’ve read: Jessica’s First Prayer; Stepping Heavenward; A Peep Behind the Scenes; Christie’s Old Organ; Christie, the King’s Servant; Rescue of Jessica’s Mother on London Bridge; Joel: A Boy of Galilee; Clean Your Boots, Sir?; The Inheritance; The Hedge of Thorns; Sir Knight of the Splendid Way; and The Lamplighter. In regards to the reviews coming, I will start with Sir Knight of the Splendid Way as it’s the one I’ve most recently finished. The others will follow suit as I find the time. I have a goal of about every two weeks submitting a book review, but we shall see how that goes.
![]() |
| {source} |
The remaining books are a mix of research and just for pleasure. When my husband and I start having kids, we want to homeschool them. The method I will be using is the Charlotte Mason method. I’ve been working through her series, and am currently on book two Parents and Children. Furthermore, I’ve become completely enthralled by the Ambleside Online curriculum. I’ve been working my way through acquiring and reading their booklists. Right now I’m currently reading: Viking Tales by Jennie Hall, Fifty Famous Stories Retold by James Baldwin, and Our Island Story by H.E. Marshall. I have decided that I will hold off any reviews of homeschooling materials due to they’re not being used for homeschooling just yet, and I feel like the review would be incomplete without that part of the equation included.
The last two books are Art and the Bible by Francis Schaeffer and A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin. I try to keep a work of more secular fiction in the mix because I have this dream of writing fiction one day, and I choose specific authors for the style, devices, and methods of writing they use. It’s not always about plot. I love science fiction and fantasy just because there’s a lot that you can do in those genres, and I like seeing how popular authors of past and present use the genres to get their point across. Art and the Bible is a little book that found its way to me because I needed help with how to be an artist who is Christian and to answer the question of how to use that talent to glorify God in all I do with it.



No comments:
Post a Comment